Some of the duties of the post include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Assisting and advising Departments in developing problem statements, business cases, project concept and requirements documents for e-initiatives.
· Conducting research for Departments/Ministries on potential technology solutions.
· Ensuring any new systems and business processes are developed and enhanced in line with appropriate use of customer insight.
· Acting as Project Manager to assist Departments/Ministries in implementing e-service initiatives.
· Monitoring the delivery of technology solutions against the statement of work.
Applicants must possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business administration, IT management or a related field, in addition to a minimum of five (5) years' experience in a similar environment. Applicants who possess one or more qualifications in any of the following (or professionally recognized equivalent) will also be considered for the post in lieu of a Bachelor's degree:
· Member British Computer Society (UK)
· Member Information System Management Institute (UK)
· Certified Computer Professional - Institute for Certification of Computer Professionals (US)
· Certified Information Technology Compliance Professional - Institute for Certification of Computer Professionals (US)
· Certified Information Systems Professional (Canada)
Applicants must also be able to work nights and weekends.
In addition to the completed application form, applicants interested in being considered for this post MUST complete a security vetting form (to include passport and social insurance numbers).
Closing Date: 11 April 2012
Note: Any persons wishing to be considered for any of the positions advertised may apply by completing an application form, which is available at the Department of Human Resources, 3rd Floor, Ingham and Wilkinson Building, 129 Front Street, Hamilton HM 12. Alternatively, the application form maybe downloaded from our website at www.gov.bm.
Completed application form, together with copies of academic/professional qualifications, must be submitted, quoting the appropriate reference number to the Secretary of the Public Service Commission, at the above address, by the specified closing date.
Attention is drawn to the provisions of the Public Service Commission Regulations whereby any person who canvasses any member of the Legislature in connection with the appointment of any person to any office shall be disqualified for appointment.